Olympics Table Tennis rules
As you are aware, the Special Olympics Table Tennis rules are based on the International Governing Body (I.T.T.F.) and adapted in some instances to Special Olympics Athletes where appropriate.
In order to ensure our athletes are competing using the same rules they will encounter at national and international competitions, we ask our Table Tennis Coaches to please read and make note of the following rules on Serving *
A Good Service
1) Service shall start with the ball resting freely on the open palm of the server’s stationary free hand.
2) The free hand and the racket shall be above the level of the playing surface from the last moment at which the ball is stationary on the palm of the free hand until the ball is struck in service.
3) The server shall then project the ball upwards, by hand only and without imparting spin, so that it rises near vertically from the palm of the hand at least 16 centimetres (6 inches).
4) As the ball descends from the height of its trajectory, the server shall strike it so that it touches first his/her own court then passes directly over the net or its supports and subsequently touches the receiver’s court.
5) In doubles, the points of contact of the ball with the playing surface shall touch successively the right half court of server and receiver.
6) If, in attempting to serve, a player fails to strike the ball while it is in play, he/she shall lose a point.
7). As soon as the ball has been projected, the server’s free arm and hand shall be removed from the space between the ball and the net. The space between the ball and the net is defined by the ball, the net and its indefinite upward extension.
8) Where there is a clear failure to comply with the requirements for a good service, no warning should be
a) Except when an assistant umpire has been appointed, the umpire may, on the first occasion in a match at which he/she has a doubt about the correctness of a player’s service, interrupt play and warn the server without awarding a point. On any subsequent occasion in the same match in which the same player’s service action is of doubtful correctness, for the same or for any other reason, the player shall not be given the benefit of the doubt and shall lose a point.
b) Strict observance of the prescribed method of service may be waived (when the umpire is notified before play begins) if compliance is prevented by a physical disability, and a point should be awarded to the opponent.
For the full Special Olympics Table Tennis Rules please click here. If you have any queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact our Table Tennis Coaching and Competition Adviser, Kevin Watt. His details can be found by clicking here.how business owners pay themselves when technology spillover occurs why project based learning is important which technology is shown in the diagram how much london trip cost from india who teaches naruto sage mode how far london to dublin why startups fail how many business days in a month when manager ask for feedback when design thinking is relevant why entrepreneurs don't have girlfriends what startup costs are deductible where system earthing is employed how much business insurance cost where system of a down from who teach you when startup valuation why system ui stopped working how much manager salary what product to sell on amazon where design thinking is used where to find device manager in windows 10 when project tiger was launched who owns defi solutions how to roadmap in jira where is sandro from project runway now from where was solar system originated who roadmap ntds where to set up an llc why teaching is a good career how much project manager earn in india how much teaching english in thailand how many technology do we have when project tiger was launched who developed the polio vaccine how many solutions are there to this nonlinear system who developed python road map where i am where to set up an ira how often london bridge opens where is roadmap in jira who business continuity plan which system produces blood cells how far london to amsterdam